Excellence in NFP Volunteer Management Award
5 December 2011 | The Centre for Volunteering
The NSW Excellence in Not-For-Profit Management Award is a one-off Award to celebrate International Year of the Volunteer +10. It was open to not-for-profit organisations who demonstrated best practice in the management of their volunteers.
The winner of the NSW Excellence in Not-For-Profit Management Award was announced at the 2011 NSW Volunteer of the Year Award Ceremony at Parliament House on Monday, 5 December 2011 - International Volunteer Day. Congratulations to Bathurst Information and Neighbourhood Centre (BINC).
BINC’s volunteers are an integral part of the service that it delivers. Volunteers are involved in LEAP, TAX help, computer tutoring, Migrant Refuge Mentoring, Data Entry, collating statistics, Gardening, Language Tutoring, Community Visitors Scheme, Wrapped with Love (knitters), Management committee, reception on the Front Desk, completing and compiling the community Diary, Following up people referred to volunteering, Eisteddfod catering, individual projects such as the Christmas Project, and the Volunteer Relationship Team.
During the course of the year BINC has involved over 200 volunteers in the delivery of it programs. Their tireless contribution had improved the quality of live for many Bathurst residents.
BINC’s volunteers are treated in exactly the same way as paid staff and they are regularly involved in brain storming and quality improvement sessions.
BINC’s management committee, made up wholly of volunteers, continually reviews BINC’s organisational values and purpose of “making Bathurst a better place to live”. BINC received a $3000 donation, trophy and prize pack.
Congratulations also to each of the 24 not-for-profit organisations nominated:
- Anglican Retirement Villages (ARV)
- Bathurst Information & Neighbourhood Centre Inc.
- Bathurst Seymour Centre
- Criminal Justice Support Network
- Easy Care Garden Inc
- Family Support Volunteer Program
- Great Lakes FM
- Hawkesbury Regional Gallery and Museum
- Integratedliving Australia Ltd
- Karitane Linking Families
- Manly Warringah Pittwater Community Transport Inc.
- Manning Support Services Inc
- Mercy Connect Sydney (Mercy Works Ltd)
- MND NSW (Massage Volunteer Program)
- MS Australia - ACT/NSW/VIC
- Nana Glen Primary School Parents and Citizens Association
- South Western Regional Tenants Association
- Starlight Children’s Foundation
- Sydney Jewish Museum
- The New School of Arts Neighbourhood House Inc.
- The Pyjama Foundation
- The Salvation Army Coffs Harbour Family Store
- The Samaritans Foundation
- Volunteering Central Coast Inc.