2010 Sydney City / East Volunteer of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Tijana Kobilarov has been named the 2010 Sydney City East Youth Volunteer of the Year. Tijana was recognised for assisting with maintenance duties at her local high school, assisting charities and knitting for the Wrap with Love organisation which provides knitwear for the poor.
- Efim Solovey has been recognised as the 2010 Sydney City East Senior Volunteer of the Year for his time volunteering with the NSW Association of Jewish Ex-Servicemen and Women and JewishCare, which helps newly-arrived immigrants liaise with government departments and better integrate into Australian society.
- The dedicated volunteers that make up Mission Australia Court Support Service has been awarded the inaugural 2010 Sydney City East Volunteer Team of the Year. The Mission Australia Court Support Service consists of 10 team members who provide essential assistance to both court witnesses and victims called to justify.
- Nadia Redelman - who has been involved with the State Emergency Service (SES) for almost three years and recently undertook the challenge of designing a website dedicated to promoting the work of the SES.
Congratulations to all of the 2010 Sydney City/East Volunteer of the Year Award nominees:
- Evanthia Agoritsas of Randwick who has volunteered for Sydney Multicultural Community Services for the past 10 years
- Doris Alldritt of Rose Bay who has volunteered for Ladies Auxiliary of Sydney Hospital for the past 30 years
- Robert Connor of Maroubra who has volunteered for Redfern & Inner City Homer Support Service for the past 3 years
- Ron Court of Glebe who has volunteered for Mary MacKillop Outreach for the past 3.5 years
- Magda Forbath of Vaucluse who has volunteered for Sydney Jewish Museum for the past 15 years
- Mary Pinzone of South Coogee who has volunteered for Sydney Multicultural Community Services for the past 15 years
- Noelleen Rosen of Rose Bay who has volunteered for Sydney Jewish Museum for the past 3 years
- Vera Shaw of Glebe who has volunteered for 2RPH for the past 25 years
- Ruth Wirth of Clovelly who has volunteered for Sydney Jewish Museum for the past 6 years
- Friends of Sydney Hospital
- Kooloora Community Centre
- Sydney Heritage Fleet
- Surf Life Saving NSW State Duty Officer
- 2RPH Volunteer Roster Team
- Yvonne and Michael Shapiro
- The Smith Family’s Volunteer Coordination Unit
- Black Horse Foundation Matching Manager Program.
The 2010 NSW Volunteer of the Year Award program is run at a Regional and State level – with 19 regions throughout NSW and eight of them in Sydney. Regional winners are announced in Ceremonies in the Award’s 19 regions from mid-October to mid-November. Regional winners will then be entered for the title of 2010 NSW Volunteer of the Year to be presented on Friday, 3 December at Parliament House in Sydney, to coincide with International Volunteer Day on 5 December.